"Faire du ski?... Allons-y, en piste!" (part I)
"Skiing?... Let's go... onto the slopes!"
One of our listeners asked for a lesson that would include skiing-related vocabulary. In this two-part intermediate lesson, Bertrand plays the role of an experienced skiier while I'm a beginner. I'll soon be joining my friend, Damien for a week in the Alps.
Our lesson is quite a long one this time and contains a whole range of interesting vocabulary. To discover how to use expressions such as the following, let's get started!
- être pris au dépourvu (to be caught unawares)
- paire de skis (pair of skis)
- remonte-pente (ski-lift)
- ramasser une gamelle (to come a cropper)
- faire tout schuss (to go straight down [a slope])
- faire le chasse-neige (to make a "snow plough")
- la carre (d’un ski) (the edge)
- freiner (to brake)
- la poudreuse (powdery snow)
- traffoler (to agitate/break up [snow])
- neige damée (to compact/to tamp [snow])
- hors piste (off-piste [skiing])
Not yet registered on our site? Why not register now… it takes just a couple of moments.
Already registered? To download detailed PDF Lesson Guides with full transcripts, detailed analysis of key vocabulary, grammar and more, consider purchasing download credits.
If you wish, you may comment on or ask a question about the above. You must log in to add a comment or ask a question.