La Norvège : ‘un pays de cocagne’
Norway: ‘a land of plenty’
This lesson is inspired by our having heard about Norway in Michael Moore’s latest satirical documentary. Now, no country is perfect but Norway certainly seems to have a lot going for it. Let’s start with a conversation.
Our lesson contains a whole range of interesting vocabulary. To discover how to use expressions such as the following, let's get started!
- se souvenir de = (to remember)
- davantage = (more)
- entendre parler de = (to hear about)
- postulat (m) = (premise)
- pays (m) de cocagne = (land of plenty)
- paysage (m) = (scenery)
- partie (f) occidentale = (western part)
- côte (f) découpée = (rugged coast)
- fiord (m) = (fjord)
- île (f) = (island)
- déborder = (to spill over)
- cercle (m) arctique = (arctic circle)
- laisser pantois qqn = (to leave s.b. flabbergasted)
- se tromper de qqc = (to get s.t. wrong)
Not yet registered on our site? Why not register now… it takes just a couple of moments.
Already registered? To download detailed PDF Lesson Guides with full transcripts, detailed analysis of key vocabulary, grammar and more, consider purchasing download credits.
If you wish, you may comment on or ask a question about the above. You must log in to add a comment or ask a question.