‘Un diplôme universitaire, cela en vaut-il la peine ?’
“Is a university degree worth it?”
In some countries, particularly the U.S., a university education has become so expensive that some wonder if it is even worth going to college at all, any more. Let’s start with a conversation.
We will see how to use the following words and expressions, and more. C'est parti!
- traiter de = (to deal with, to relate to)
- s’interroger sur = (to wonder about)
- voie (f) = (way, path, road, route)
- emprunter = (to take, to borrow)
- avoir des retards sur = (to be behind with)
- enseignement (m) supérieur = (third-level study)
- venir à l’esprit = (to come to mind)
- plus … plus … = (the more … the more …)
- colocation (f) = (flat-sharing)
- diplôme (m) = (degree)
- diplômé (m) = (graduate)
- endettement (m) des étudiants = (student debt)
- frais (m pl) d’hébergement = (accommodation expenses)
- effacer / rembourser une dette = (to wipe out/repay a debt)
- cours (m) = (course)
- cela va de soi = (It goes without saying)
- foncer = (to go ahead, to go for it)
Not yet registered on our site? Why not register now… it takes just a couple of moments.
Already registered? To download detailed PDF Lesson Guides with full transcripts, detailed analysis of key vocabulary, grammar and more, consider purchasing download credits.
If you wish, you may comment on or ask a question about the above. You must log in to add a comment or ask a question.