Le retrait des États-Unis de l’Accord de Paris sur le changement climatique
The withdrawal of the U.S. from the Paris Accord on climate change
The withdrawal of the U.S. from the Paris Accord on climate change caused consternation worldwide, not least as almost all countries had signed up to its terms.
Let’s talk about this decision by the U.S. administration. Our lesson contains a whole range of interesting vocabulary. To discover how to use expressions such as the following, and more, let’s get started!
- accord (m) [sur] (agreement [on])
- retrait (m) (withdrawal)
- changement (m) climatique (climate change)
- mépris (m) (scorn, disdain)
- s’accorder sur le fait que (to agree on the fact that)
- être exacerbé par (to be exacerbated by)
- canular (m) (hoax)
- faire preuve de (to show, to manifest)
- les propos (the words, the utterances)
- être assorti de (to be matched by)
- ère (f) préindustrielle (the preindustrial era)
- engagement (m) (commitment)
- adhésion (f) [d’un pays à] (the joining [of a country to])
- relever un défi (to take up a challenge)
- rendre sa grandeur à (to make [s.t.] great again)
- se retirer de (to withdraw from)
- faire semblant de [+ infin.] (to pretend to)
- abîmer (to spoil)
- réchauffement (m) (warming)
Not yet registered on our site? Why not register now… it takes just a couple of moments.
Already registered? To download detailed PDF Lesson Guides with full transcripts, detailed analysis of key vocabulary, grammar and more, consider purchasing download credits.
If you wish, you may comment on or ask a question about the above. You must log in to add a comment or ask a question.