La crise des opioïdes
The opioids crisis
The subject of this – our 200th lesson! – is the opioid crisis in the U.S. which has reached quite shocking proportions.
But how did it come to this? Let’s start with a conversation. We’ll be making use of the following expressions, and more…
- la crise des opioïdes = (the opioids crisis)
- devenir dépendant de = (to become addicted to)
- être prédisposé à = (to be predisposed to)
- consulter son médecin généraliste = (to consult one’s general practitioner)
- avoir des douleurs au dos = (to have back pain)
- prescrire un médicament = (to prescribe medication)
- être décédé d’une surdose = (to die from an overdose)
- des similitudes entre [A] et [B] = (similarities between [A] and [B])
- être inoffensif = (to be harmless)
- les anti-douleurs = (painkillers)
- abuser d’[une substance] = (to abuse [a substance])
- être réglementé = (to be regulated)
- bénéficier d’une assurance santé privée = (to have private health insurance)
- se soigner = (to care for oneself)
- masquer les problèmes = (to mask the problems)
- réaliser des bénéfices = (to make profits)
Not yet registered on our site? Why not register now… it takes just a couple of moments.
Already registered? To download detailed PDF Lesson Guides with full transcripts, detailed analysis of key vocabulary, grammar and more, consider purchasing download credits.
If you wish, you may comment on or ask a question about the above. You must log in to add a comment or ask a question.