La covid-19 : une crise inédite
Covid-19: an unprecedented crisis
Our conversation this time is about something which has been central to our lives around the world since the beginning of the year. We are speaking, of course, about the coronavirus pandemic.
Our lesson is quite a long one this time and contains a whole range of interesting vocabulary. To discover how to use expressions such as the following, let's get started!
- se rétrécir = (to shrink)
- aplatir la courbe = (to flatten the curve)
- le personnel soignant = (care staff)
- faire face = (to cope)
- médecins (m) retraités = (retired doctors)
- soigner = (to care (for))
- les services d’urgence = (the emergency services)
- tarder = (to delay)
- appareils (m) d’assistance resiratoire = (breathing apparatuses)
- équipements de protection individuelle = (personal protective equipment)
- contenir l’épidémie = (to contain the epidemic)
- système (m) de santé = (health system)
- être en réanimation = (to be in intensive care)
- monter [qqc] en épingle = (to make an issue of [s.t.])
- dissimuler [qqc] = (to hide [s.t.])
- les scientifiques = (scientists)
- traitement (m) = (treatment)
- l’OMS = (the WHO)
- vaccin (m) = (vaccine)
- les chercheurs (m) = (researchers)
- impuissance (f) = (powerlessness)
- guérir = (to recover)
- reprendre le travail = (to start work again)
- rouvrir [les écoles] = (to reopen [schools])
- les secteurs les plus sinistrés = (the most badly affected sectors)
- mondialisation (f) = (globalisation)
- vulnérabilité (f) = (vulnerability)
- approvisionnements (m) = (supplies)
Not yet registered on our site? Why not register now… it takes just a couple of moments.
Already registered? To download detailed PDF Lesson Guides with full transcripts, detailed analysis of key vocabulary, grammar and more, consider purchasing download credits.
If you wish, you may comment on or ask a question about the above. You must log in to add a comment or ask a question.