Please read the FAQ below. If your question isn't answered, please click the last link below.
Purchase Download Credits for just $1.00 each and download our detailed PDF Lesson Guides.
If you know little or no French…
- start with our Beginner lessons. You can work through them sequentially, starting with the oldest ones and working forward, or you can select lessons at random. The earlier lessons are more simple than those that come later.
If you do already have some French…
- start working on our Intermediate lessons. Our later Intermediate lessons are more detailed than our earlier ones. (Some of our Intermediate listeners have told us that they have found our Beginner lessons very useful, too, for revision and clarification of points of grammar, etc.)
If you have a good level of French…
- our Advanced lessons will suit you. Our Advanced lessons are totally in French, including the explanatory information. (Some of our Advanced level listeners have told us they are benefiting from our Intermediate lessons, too, especially Intermediate lessons released more recently, which are very detailed.)
If you want to read French articles and work on written exercises…
- Our French articles available from our site at Online Language Resources will certainly be of interest to you. Here at LFBP you've worked on listening and speaking. Our articles on OLR will help improve your reading and writing.
Using iTunes Player – on either PC or Mac – is the simplest way of downloading and keeping track of our audio files.
The easiest way of keeping track of our audio lessons is to use iTunes Player (either on a PC or Mac).
If you don't already have iTunes Player on your computer, download and install it quickly and easily from here.
Find out more about managing podcast audio here.
If, however, you don't want to use iTunes Player, you can download our audio files to your computer directly from our site.
To download Lesson audio directly from our site…
- right-click (PC) or control-click (Mac) the "Play" button of whatever lesson you're working on. A contextual menu will pop up (see image below).
- Select "Save Link As…". A Save dialog box will appear.
- type a filename (or use the one given), e.g. "LFBP_001.mp3"
- click Save
Our Lesson Guides are in the form of PDF documents. You can read and print our PDFs easily with Acrobat Reader software (freely downloadable from the Adobe website).
If you have trouble printing, make sure you have a recent version of Acrobat Reader by choosing 'Check for updates…' from the 'Help' menu in Acrobat Reader.
If your software is up-to-date but printing is taking a long time, print from page 2 to the end of the Lesson Guide, bypassing the 1st (cover) page of the Guide. (The 1st page contains quite a large graphic which may tie up your printer if you have limited RAM.)
Alternatively, try printing the pages of the Guide one by one (again bypassing the cover page). If you can print the pages one by one, this indicates that you have a limited amount of RAM in your computer and/or printer. (You should still be able to print the pages individually, however.)
- VISA card
… to make your payment via our Realex gateway.
Realex is a major processor of online payments. They handle payments for many companies, including Vodafone and Aer Lingus.
PayPal needs no introduction as a processor of online payments. You can pay via our PayPal gateway, whether you have a PayPal account or not.
Our PayPal gateway also allows for payment via e-Check.
e-Checks are the electronic equivalent of 'paper' checks. 'Verified' PayPal members can make payments with e-Checks. Payments via e-Check are debited directly from PayPal users' cheque-book accounts rather than from a credit card.)
Note e-Checks take from 3 to 9 days to clear, depending on your location. If you purchase Download Credits on our site via e-Check, your LFBP account will continue to show 0 (zero) Credits until your e-Check clears.
If you do not wish to pay via Realex or PayPal, you can make a wire transfer. Our bank details are:
- Account name: Plus Publications
- Account no.: 32103097
- Sort code: 93-63-83
- IBAN: IE35 AIBK 9363 8332 1030 97
- BIC/SWIFT: AIBKIE2D
If you do not receive an email response from us, this indicates that:
- our email has been intercepted by your spam filter, or
- a firewall (at your end) has prevented our email from reaching you, or
- your ISP (Internet Service Provider) has wrongly interpreted our email as spam and has rejected it.
To make sure that we can make contact with you, please add our address to your Contacts List. (Depending on your email program, operating system, etc, your Contacts List may be called your 'Address Book'.) Note! if you have not added us to your Contacts List, we cannot contact you! The email address you must add to your Contacts List is:
If you have a Hotmail address, you must add our email address to your list of “Safe Senders”. ("Safe Senders" are those people from whom you do wish to receive email.) To add us to your list of Safe Senders, follow these steps:
- Click on the Options button. If you are using the full version of Hotmail instead of the classic version, select More options… too.
- Select Safe and blocked senders under the Junk e-mail heading.
- On the next page, click on Safe Senders to bring up the entry form.
- Type our email address: .
- Click Add to list >>.
If you still do not receive a response from us, please use an alternative email address. It is very frustrating for us – and for you – if your email address blocks our messages, prevents us from making contact with you.
LFBP Download Credits do not expire. Use them at your own pace.
No. Your Download Credits remain in your LFBP account until you use them to download PDF content from our site.
There is no time limit on the Credits.
In rare instances it may happen that Download Credits will not be applied immediately to your LFBP account after making your purchase. This may happen if:
- you have made a payment via e-Check. Credits will be applied to your account as soon as your e-Check clears. See also 'What are my payment options?', above.
- a 'timeout' occurred during your payment because of a slow - or temporarily slow - internet connection.
Please contact us if you have made a payment but your LFBP account still shows 0 credits. We will manually apply your purchased Credits to your LFBP account.
Using a Mac? Want to transfer
PDFs to your iPhone/iTouch?
Then watch this.
Please note that the information below applies to recent iPhone and iTouch devices. (Not all media players (or earlier Apple iPods) can open and display PDFs.)
To view LFBP PDF Guides directly on your iPhone/iTouch:
- log in to LFBP and click the View PDF Guide button associated with the lesson you're working. Note, however, that the Guide will remain available only for as long as you have the Guide open. When you close the Guide (to revert to browsing, for example) the Guide is not saved to your iPhone/iTouch.
To save PDF Guides to your iPhone/iTouch for later use:
- consider using a utility like Air Sharing which is available from the App Store. (If you're on a Mac, watch this. If you're using a computer running Windows or Linux, see specific instructions for those platforms here, at the developer's site and click the 'Configuring Air Sharing' link.) Air Sharing allows you to connect your iPhone/iTouch to your computer wirelessly and copy files from your computer into folders on your iPhone/iTouch. Air Sharing is a paid application but there are other utilities with similar functions also available, including Files Lite, Datacase and FileMagnet. Please search the App Store for further information on file transfer utilities.
We use an App called Air Sharing from Avatron Software, Inc., to transfer PDFs to our iPod/iTouch/iPad.
In summary, to view our PDF Lesson Guides on your iPhone/iTouch, do one of the following:
- log in to LFBP and then click a View button directly to open that Guide, or
- download a utility like Air Sharing (see image below), Files Lite, Datacase or Filemagnet from the Apple Apps Store and use one of these utilities to copy (and save) PDFs and other file formats to your iPhone/iTouch.
(Please note that we have no commercial relationship with the developers of Air Sharing or any of the other utilities mentioned above.)
A purchase of LFBP download credits allows you to work with our content for your own, personal use.
Your own purchase does NOT allow you to use our content with a group of people, for example in a classroom context, or in any other group-learning environment.
Yes, all content we produce is protected by copyright.
Plus Publications’ content may NOT be modified, reproduced, transmitted, re-purposed or copied (in a manner other than as specified in the section entitled ‘Purchased content: for your personal use’, above, and in our Terms and Conditions) by any means or in any form without prior written permission of Plus Publications.
If there is a particular reason why you wish to reproduce any of our content, please contact us for further information and permission. © All rights reserved.